Thanks! We'll be in touch soon.
Factory Starter Kit - Installation
Watch Amper's Head of Hardware demonstrate the simple installation process
- 1x  Gateway
- 1x  Aggregator
- 6x  Current Sensors
- 1x  Gateway Power Supply
- 1x  Ethernet Cord (25ft)
- Power On Gateway
- Find a 120V power outlet close to the electrical panel providing power for the machine(s) to be monitored.
- Plug in the Gateway power supply to the outlet and let the Gateway turn on.
- Check Gateway Cell Signal and Install
- Wait for the Gateway to connect to the cellular network (usually 1-3 minutes).
- Make sure the signal strength LED (the bottom LED) is either yellow or green. If the LED is red, try elevating the gateway more or consider an alternate location with better reception.
- Once signal is good, remove the adhesive backing, wipe any dust or grease off of the wall, and firmly press the Gateway in place.
- Prepare Electrical Panel
- Open the panel (circuit breaker panel or machine electrical panel).
- Remove a punch hole in the panel’s floor or side. If no punch holes are available, a 1/2” hole may need to be drilled.
- Run the Ethernet cable from the Gateway into the panel, using the hole.
- Install Aggregator in Panel
- Plug in the Ethernet cable and check that the device turns on
- Place Aggregator in the bottom of the panel, out of the way.
- Connect Current Sensors
- For each machine in the panel that you want to monitor, identify the circuit breaker and/or wire providing power for the machine.
- Clip a sensor onto one of the wires providing power for the machine (any phase is fine).
- Plug the sensor into an available port on the Aggregator and make sure the port’s LED turns on.
- Note the Machine Name, Type, and Port Number on the provided info sheet.
- Complete Info Sheets and Send to Amper
- Make sure the Device ID and Machine Information is fully filled out on the provided info sheet.
- Take a picture and send the machine information to Amper.